The Aqua Bike
In concept, the aquabike is very similar to spinning bike but the first uses water resistance whereas the later uses built-in resistance that can be adjusted manually. Aquabike is different because resistance depends solely on the speed of your paddling. There are no resistance knobs. Aquabike also has extra surface on the upper and lower parts of each paddle in order to move more water while paddling, hence create bigger resistance.
There are common benefits and there are benefits unique to aquabiking. Common benefits include the boosting of cardiovascular system, improving breathing capacity, burning calories and many other.
The unique benefits on the other hand include:
- Strengthening lower body muscles; Certainly much better than other forms of aqua exercises. That is because it focuses on paddling, more than anything else. For example, while your arm motion changes during the workout, leg motion remains constant, creating more resistance for leg muscles.
- Aquabiking is safer; No pressure what so ever on the knee joints. Even though water provides a safe environment for people with knee injuries, it still allows some body weight to put pressure on the knee. For people with severe knee injuries who can’t do simple jumping in the water but aim for aerobic workout in the pool, aquabiking is a perfect solution.
The Aqua Treadmill
The underwater treadmill is a current favourite and one that we recommend to all with water therapy programs. The underwater treadmill is our go-to especially for our ageing patients and those with joint and muscle pain.
Here listed are some benefits
- Promotes Range of Motion: People with chronic conditions, like Osteoarthritis, or present a fall risk, usually avoid activities like walking and exercise, because of fear and the pain that could result. In comparison to a land-based treadmill, the underwater treadmill with the hydro-static pressure of the water, patients bear as little as 20% of their own body weight in chest-deep water. Not only will the water help reduce swelling, it relaxes the joints, improves strength and flexibility.
- Aids Gait Training: With the low-impact environment, patients can practice gait training without the fear of falling. A third of all adults over the age of 65 will suffer a fall each year as a result of a lack of balance and a muscle weakness.
- Increased Flexibility: While underwater, a patient only bears 20% of their weight which removes joint stress. Combine that with the movements and cardiovascular activities patients will perform on the underwater treadmill and the results are increased flexibility.
- Increases Muscle Strengthening: A recent study found that combining strength training and underwater treadmill workouts leads to building body mass more effectively than performing those activities alone or performing them with a land-based treadmill.
- Reduces Blood Pressure: Another study showed that the underwater treadmill is more effective than land-based exercise in lowering blood pressure. There are plenty of locals with high blood pressure and many avoid exercise because of pain. With the underwater treadmill, they’re able to exercise again without pain and actually enjoy it.
The Aqua Bike & Aqua Treadmill are both available at YUE. We also have exercise professionals that can guide you to find suitable ways to use the in the most efficient way.
- 1 Session €10
- 10 Session Pack** €90
- Prices are per person
- Duration of session is 30 Minutes
- Pack of 10 Sessions valid for 3 Months from date of purchase**
- Booking is a must
- For booking for use of our Aqua Bike or Aqua Treadmill, contact us at Front Office desk
t: 22589810/1 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org | f: https://www.facebook.com/Yuemalta/